Monday, May 21, 2018

Back Home on the Ranch

 

Update from last post:

In my last post on January 4, 2018 I discussed my recent time in southern California getting some needed health treatment.  Earlier this month (May 3, 2018) I had a followup "wellness exam"--something that Medicare is encouraging and covering in their plan.  Thankfully, I found out--as far as we can know for now--completely cured and recovering well. 

I thank all those of my family and friends who have supported me through this challenging stage of life.  And I'm thankful for the access to top-notch latest medical technology and practice that Medicare affords.  I'm even more aware now than before how essential good health care is a necessity for all.  I worry for those who don't have such access and coverage, and, I'm supportive in a strong way, for seeking ways so ALL Americans will have excellent, affordable, accessible health care. 

Finally, it is wonderful to be back home and feeling myself again!  Though it will take a few months to fully recover, and I will need to be vigilant into the future, eat well, and exercise!  Something we should all do anyway.  I plan to live a long and fruitful life!

Recent activities:

I returned to our lovely Utah home on January 6, 2018 and had a lovely time getting reacquainted with our fantastic Zion landscape and our friends at the Red Cliffs SDA Church in St George Utah where we are in the process of helping with a remodeling project:





And with returning energy and strength after the successful treatment at Loma Linda University Health, I also got to work again on our land and with my volunteer work with the Town of Rockville on the Planning Commission as well as a new post on the Rockville/Springdale Fire Protection Special District Board.  Both entities had a lot to do over the last few months (more on that later).

It was wonderful to see and experience the change in seasons that we have here in Rockville--from winter to spring!  And we had visits from my sister (Patricia Rose Ford the artist) and my younger son and daughter-in-law with their new dog Ollie while Ollie met my sister's dog--Abbie.  They got along for a while but then got into a famous fight!  But now they are friends--hopefully ??  We were also involved like much of the nation in following the national and political debates surrounding the very sad Parkland School Shooting in Florida--and joined a local protest led by students in St George.  Some photo highlights here--much more on my Facebook page:
















In March/April Karen and I were also able to travel  to spend some time in Switzerland with our older son and daughter-in-law (Bryan and Anya)--and with our granddaughter Celeste--in Lausanne Switzerland.   Some photo highlights here--much more on my Facebook page:
















And in late April we attended our 50th college alumni reunion at Pacific Union College in Angwin California--see some media highlights from PUC HERE.  Below are some of our photo highlights:







I will add more highlights later.  Do follow me on Facebook which has more detail day-by-day.  Thanks for coming to my BLOG.

Robert (Geobob) Ford
See website: geobobford.com



No comments:

Post a Comment