Wednesday, April 23, 2014

50th High School Reunion at Rio Lindo Adventist Academy April 4-6, 2014

In early April Karen and I drove to northern California for my 50th high school reunion (1964 > 2014) at Rio Lindo Adventist Academy located near Healdsburg California.  You can see a Facebook ALBUM for some photos.  Seeing old friends was bitter sweet--I found out my first roommate had died several years ago (so sad), while others seemed just the same...we found we could pick up just where we left off 50 years ago!  That was nice.  With Facebook we were able to share photos--some we had never seen before (see below one friends shared with me)--I'm the guy on far skyline with big ears!  Next to me on the left is Tom Larson and others I know and some not.

Pastor Carl Becker drives some of us around campus (circa 1963-64)

OUR GRADUATING CLASS AT 50TH REUNION


Our class was the second class ever at Rio Lindo and we had more than half of the graduating class turnout....very nice!  This coming weekend (Karen Storz Ford) my wife--will attend her 50th reunion at Monterey Bay Academy near Watsonville California.  We are looking forward to another beautiful spring drive this time to Central California.

On our earlier trip to Rio we also took a day to bury Karen's parents ashes next to other family members in the community cemetery of St Helena, Napa Valley--these included some grand aunts and grandparents.  And we spent a 1/2 day visiting Pacific Union College where we both went to after high school.  The weather was beautiful and spring flowers out everywhere!  We both graduated in 1968 and look forward to our 50th reunion there in four years.  See the Facebook Album noted above for some photos from our trip to PUC and St Helena.

After our visit to Rio and PUC Karen flew from Oakland to spend a week with her sister back in Lincoln Nebraska and I spent an extra day doing photography along the Sonoma County coast and I gave a lecture at Sonoma State University near Santa Rosa (Rohnert Park) where I will be teaching in the Fall.  And I visited my long time photography broker based near San Francisco.   See SONOMA COAST FACEBOOK ALBUM - below is one of my favorite photos from the Sonoma coast.

A beautiful farm peeks out of the coastal fog near Bodega Bay Sonoma County

Well, come back for more from the Central California coast when we visit Monterey Bay California this coming weekend (April 25-27, 2014).

Bob Ford







No comments:

Post a Comment