Friday, March 30, 2012

Another Great Spring Hike in Zion

I took another great hike today with my neighbor and friend Michael McBride--see previous posts of other hikes HERE.  We went along the south rim of Eagle Crags Mesa to get views of the Virgin River Valley and Zion National Park from above Rockville, Utah.  The trees and pastures along the river are starting to green-up and the skies extend forever and sun is out!  What a glorious day!  I will be traveling soon but will remember this great day!  Below are some views on that hike looking down the Virgin Valley where our home is located--we feel so blessed to be in this beautiful place; it does deserve the name Zion.  Enjoy!

View down to Rockville Valley from the road to Eagle Crags Bench/Mesa
 View toward the Bridge over the Virgin river in Rockville
 Looking NE toward Zion Canyon
Looking due north across the Virgin valley to Anasazi Plateau and Mt Kinesava
 Another Indian artifact--a stone tool--they are all over the place!
View west down Virgin River toward Gooseberry Mesa
 Closeup of valley along Grafton Road--pastures now greening-up!
 View northeast into Zion Canyon where Virgin River makes a big bend
Zoom toward Zion peaks (from right to left) Bridge Mtn to East Temple

My best!  
Bob Ford


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and may come back at some point. I want to encourage continue your great job, have a nice day!
    Ford

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're being too kind. Maybe I can or could do some serious expository writing? I've thought of trying it some day (not the dry academic stuff I used to do)--blogging has been a good outlet in combination with photography we'll see where it goes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete